1) STAY HYDRATED AND KEEP COOL! The weather forecast is looking perfect, but don’t underestimate the heat so take time to refill your water at one of our four refill stations located on the MAP. Remember, empty camel backs ARE allowed, so come prepared! And if it gets into the 90’s we’ll be turning on the Spray Mist Station located on the basketball courts so be sure to take advantage and cool down with that. It’s a long weekend, take time to rest and hydrate!
2) DON’T GET SCAMMED! There are FAKE TICKETS and FAKE CREDENTIALS out there. From now on, there are no more Brand Ambassador tickets on sale and so only purchase festival tickets directly from our Official Ticketing Partner, SeeTickets.Us. There are NO All Access, Artist, Press, Media or Backstage credentials for sale anywhere. If someone is trying to sell them, they are FAKE.
3) PAY ATTENTION TO PROHIBITED / ALLOWED ITEMS. Keep in mind the more you bring, the more we will have to search and the longer the lines will take. We put a lot of thought into the prohibited and allowed items to maximize everyone’s fun and safety, so read them carefully and plan appropriately. See the full list HERE and feel free to email email@example.com with any questions. We’ll have “No-Bags” Express Lanes, so a pro-move is consolidating your items into one bag per group for quicker entry. We’ll have Lockers for Rent with cell charging for items you don’t want to carry.
4) DOWNLOAD THE OFFICIAL 2017 SAMF APP! Download the free app HERE on your iPhone or Android for the most up-to-date info, notifications, set times and useful festival tools!
5) CELEBRATE SAFE & BE RESPONSIBLE This year, SAMF teamed up with Celebrate Safe to create a fun and safe environment for our festival attendees. A team of your peers in clearly marked uniforms will be walking the grounds with water and anything else you or your friends may need. This dedicated team of individuals is here for your safety and will have a direct line to medical and safety staff. Please do not hesitate to approach them with any concerns or questions. No one will get in trouble for raising concerns over someone’s safety. Remember, this weekend is a marathon, not a sprint, so have fun responsibly and look out for one another. Wear earplugs, wear sunscreen, take breaks, drink water, get some shade, eat food and be safe.
6) UPGRADE TO VIP! If there are any VIP tickets left, you will be able to upgrade to inside the fest at the Info Booth! Elevated viewing areas, express entry, complimentary cell charging, and private bars (21+ to drink) await! At the time of this post, 3-Day VIP and Saturday VIP passes are sold out so you’ll only be able to upgrade on Friday and Sunday.
7) OFFICIAL MERCH WILL SELL OUT! The Official Merch is sick this year! We have customized SAMF hoodies, tanks, caps, bandanas, crop tops, classic event tees and all kinds of gear. This year, we’ll have one main tent for all official 2017 merch, located in the middle of the fest grounds and clearly marked on the MAP. Last year we sold out of almost everything, so don’t hesitate to grab yours at the fest and rock SAMF gear all year long! Whichever items do not sell out will be found at our Online Store .
8) GETTING THERE! Check out the GETTING HERE page on our website for all the ways you can get to our location at beautiful Addams/Medill Park. Parking is extremely limited, so we recommend alternative transportation such as UBER, taking the BLUE LINE to the Racine stop, riding a bike or utilizing our SHUTTLE system.
9) AFTERPARTIES! The festival ends each night at 1o PM, but the music and party keeps going! Check out the list of official after parties and find the right one for you. Some go to 4 AM or later at Chicago’s premier clubs and venues. A few afterparties are already sold out, so grab tickets while you still can. There are 18+ AND 21+ events!
10) THANK YOU + PLEASE MAKE THE MOST OF IT! Please bear with us while we get a little cheesy, but this is looking to be the biggest SAMF yet and we are very humbled by the love you have shown us this year. So, from the bottom of our hearts, THANK YOU! Please show your SAMF fam love by making the most out of this weekend and taking care of one another along the way. It’s during these times we make the memories of our lives and we can only keep doing this with your help and support.
BONUS TIP! Turn on your Find My Phone app for Android or iPhone during the fest! We get a lot of phones into Lost and Found at the end of the festival. Technology rules!